- Programme Date: 16 November 2020
- Programme Length: 01:17:24
Monday, 16 November 2020
Jazz trombonist, Reginald Cyntje is the ultimate Caribbean jazz musician. Born in Dominica, raised in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands, of Curaçaoan heritage, he is the epitome of a Caribbean musician making it in the United States. With the release of his sixth album, Healing, Reginald chats with us on this album and his previous albums' development, and his growth as an artist and a jazz teacher. Audio courtesy iRADIO.tt
Friday, 1 November 2019
- These reviews appear in the November/December 2019 issue of Caribbean Beat magazine.
Monday, 30 September 2019
Elan Trotman, Boston-based contemporary jazz saxophonist from Barbados discusses the business of jazz with Jazz in the Islands. In 2019, he released his new album Dear Marvin, a saxophone tribute to the late great Marvin Gaye on the Woodward Avenue label. We get the Caribbean-American perspective from this Berklee College of Music alumnus about the significance and possible advantage of label distribution in enhancing the brand via radio and physical sales. This year also marks the sixth anniversary of his Barbados Jazz Excursion, a major destination festival in the islands where contemporary jazz meets the sun, sand and sea Audio courtesy iRADIO.tt
- Programme Date: 22 September 2019
- Programme Length: 00:39:14
Sunday, 1 September 2019
Global Godwin Louis
(Blue Room Music)
MDR Jonathan Michel
Cimarrón Josean Jacobo & Tumbao
- These reviews appear in the September/October 2019 issue of Caribbean Beat magazine.
Monday, 1 July 2019
Ascension Jeremy Hector
(Thunder Dome Sounds)
Creole Big Band MizikOpéyi
(Aztec Musique / 3M)
- These reviews appear in the July/August 2019 issue of Caribbean Beat magazine.
Wednesday, 1 May 2019
Rise of the Protester Reginald Cyntje
My Good Day Ronald “Boo” Hinkson (Single)
- These reviews appear in the May/June 2019 issue of Caribbean Beat magazine.
Friday, 1 March 2019
The Complete Cuban Jam Sessions Various Artists
- These reviews appear in the March/April 2019 issue of Caribbean Beat magazine.